What is Sports Marketing and Management?
Before choosing the course of action, it is essential to understand what it entails and the concept of Sports Marketing. Sports marketing is a subdivision of marketing that focuses on the promotion of sports events and teams and the promotion of other products and services through sporting events and sports teams. It is a service in which the element promoted can be a physical product or a brand name.
When a good team performs well it also needs a well-oiled supporting machine to take care of it off the field and that is where the role of sports manager lies.
What’s New in Sports Management Degree?
This degree teaches you the business part of sports, which most sports fans don’t think of when considering different career options. Students take a variety of classes that span the field of management, marketing, HR and entrepreneurship. Compared to other fields, sports management is relatively new and is continuously evolving, as more and more sports form leagues, teams and gain sponsorship from big name brands.
Reasons to consider a career in Sports Marketing- Why should we choose Sports Marketing? (Benefits)
- Strong Industry Growth
- Opportunity to Follow Your Passion- A Sports Management degree allows you to follow your passion for the sports world while also making a living in it. If that’s your ideal career path, then no other degree will prepare you in quite the same way to make your dreams a reality.
- Job Flexibility
- You Can Give Back to Your Community- Giving back to your community is easy with a Sports Management degree. This program provides the skills you need for all kinds of volunteer activities or nonprofit enterprises to encourage physical fitness, create amateur teams, and much more.
Brands undertaking sports marketing techniques
With the establishment of the IPL, Pro Kabaddi League, Indian Super League, and the Indian Hockey League, the scope for Sports Management graduates in India has widened in the last few years, which is a factor you should take into account while career planning.
Several other global brands follow such marketing dimensions which are:
- Coca-Cola advertised the drink with the slogan “Have a Coke and a smile”. In the advertisement, footballer Joe Green is seen signing an autograph for a young fan.
- Citi Bank purchased the naming rights to the home field of the New York Mets. It is now called Citi Field. This ensures promotion for the organization.
Learn how to pursue a career in Sports Industry
If you are looking for a PGP in Sports Management, DGMC Business School, Mumbai, is the right choice. DGMC is one of the most well-known business schools in Mumbai and offers 18 months course of PGP in Sports Management.
Why study sports marketing?
Students interested in both business and sports can find their ideal program with Sports Management. This degree can open up many different job opportunities within the sports industry. It can position students to become agents, team marketing directors, athletic department supervisors, coaches, fitness centre supervisors, team managers and more.
Students can also work at different levels, from local sports and minor leagues to regional and national sports associations, providing plenty of growth opportunities for those interested. A Sports Management degree can also help graduates find positions at recreation centres, public parks, and other related organizations.
The Program offered by DGMC is designed to prepare you for careers with leading Sports
Organizations. Certain baseline subjects are:
- Management of sports, leagues & teams
- Sports facilities planning & management
- Sports marketing & merchandising
- Sports funding & financial management
- International sports management
- Sports pr & advertising management
- Sports event, law & risk management
- Sports health & nutrition
- Social media in sports management
- Media marketing in sports
- Sports management – internal
- Sports human resource management
- Sports organization & administration
PO1: Identify contextual components of the global, national and local sports industry.
PO2: This Program represents a variety of sport management concepts, segments, theories, and applications.
PO3: Describe sales operations in sports enterprises.
PO4: Apply the theoretic foundations of sports marketing to the sport industry
PO5: Describe the fundamentals of economics as applied to the sports industry.
PO6: Describe promotional aspects in sports enterprises.
PO7: Describe fundraising, promotions, licensing, and media relations in sports enterprises.
- Understanding the operational environment in sport-related organizations; functional areas and analytical instruments. Specific characteristics of marketing activities in the sports industry.
- Understanding, analyzing and applying marketing and sponsorship strategies; creating development, launch, and positioning strategies for new products; and decision making related to the product, price, distribution and communication variables.
- Understanding qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostic tools for market research.
- Analyzing and evaluating marketing strategies for internationalizing sports activity.
- Making sure that there is the optimal management of available resources.
- Converting ideas/business in the current market.
- Using technological tools to capitalize on business resources through marketing
- Students will be able to capably communicate, orally and in writing, as sports management professional within various sport settings.
From event management to balancing the accounting sheets, sports management jobs allow a person to explore a wide range of skills. It is time to turn your passion into a full-fledged career that offers ample opportunities to grow and move up the success ladder. You have enough reasons to convince yourself and everyone else that postgraduate courses in Sports Management will pay off in the future.